Tuesday, May 8, 2012

One year older and wiser, too.

Today is my husband's 32nd birthday. He and I started dating 11 years ago, when he was 21 years old with Justin Timberlake curls and a bartending job and was busy contributing to the delinquency of minors because of his endless generosity (read: inability to say "no"). I won't go into the whole "this is how we met and fell in looooooooooooooove" thing because that should be talked about on anniversaries, not birthdays. Nor will I give you a detailed profile of who he is and what he smells like and why I hate his socks, because he is not a fan of people knowing a bunch about his life. He's a riddle cloaked in a mystery cloaked in tattered jeans and a thermal shirt, but ALAS- I have said too much already.

So now we'll recap.

Holidays happened since the last time I posted about anything even remotely entertaining. This is going to be the thread in which I talk about them. Those holidays were as follows:


-My thirtieth birthday (which ranks right after Christmas as far as birthday importance is concerned). What basically happened that day is I turned thirty and facebook slapped me about the face and shoulders with happy messages and people dumped hole-punches all over my cube at work. I have a picture, but I have since found out that we're not allowed to take pictures, here, so I will not post it out of FEAR.

-Valentines Day. I got the idea for Riley's valentines off of Pinterest and they were a huge hit. Here is a picture that may or may not be sideways because I am too lame to worry about it:


Also shown, one of my cutting boards. You now know a stupid amount about me.
-Mardi Gras. We did not celebrate this, I just wanted to let you know it happened in case you missed it.

-Daylight savings time. Which isn't a holiday, but don't you freaking hate it? We've honestly considered moving to some place in Arizona (I forget where) that doesn't acknowledge daylight savings time. That is how much it sucks. I am JUST now getting used to it.

-St. Patricks Day. I made green pancakes, put food coloring in the toilet, and made mint chocolate chip cookies.


That shit was good.
-Spring officially began. Which if you live in Virginia like I do, basically means you suffer through weeks and weeks in which the days alternate between 50 degrees and 80 degrees. Sometimes all in the same day.

-Easter! My kids were as spoiled as always. We didn't really do anything special besides hide eggs (THE EASTER BUNNY I MEAN) and spoil the kids. I thought about dropping some cadbury mini-eggs in the toilet and claiming the Easter Bunny pooped, but I assumed they'd have just sunk into out-of-sightness.



This is why Jesus came back.


This is only moments before she figured out this was good for bludgeoning.

I subsequentially forgot to put the eggs in the refrigerator and had to throw them all out.

-Apparently April 25th was administrative professionals day. I don't recall having gotten a card, so I will accept belated guilt gifts.

-Cinco de Mayo. I drank margaritas and made burritos and forced myself to eat chips and guacamole long after my appetite had been sated, just to fully appreciate the holiday that no one truly understands.

So, that brings us up to date. This coming Sunday will be mother's day and I am going to bring my mom some stuffed mushrooms.

My next post will update you on the NOT holidays. Which basically means I will overwhelm your computer with pictures! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment